The 2017 Mighty River Run will take place from 12 - 17 November. This year the event will start in Goolwa and head up to Morgan before returning to Mannum. There is an optional cruise available for a limited number of guests on Sunday 12 November starting at 8.30am. Join us as we cross Lake Alexandrina on the Spirit of the Coorong charter. Limited places available so get in early.
The Mighty River Run route will take us to the following places along the beautiful Murray River in 2017 – Goolwa, Tailem Bend, Mypolonga, Aruma Flat, Blanchetown, Morgan, Swan Reach and Mannum.
Funds raised from the Mighty River Run assist Novita to support thousands of South Australian kids and young people living with disability, their families and carers. We are the State’s largest community-based children’s services organisation, providing a range of high quality services and programs throughout metropolitan and regional South Australia. Our trained therapists and specialists include pediatricians, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech pathologists, psychologists, dieticians and more. Our aim is to help all children and young people living with disability to enjoy every aspect of their lives – whether at home, at kindergarten, primary or high school, in the playground or on the sports field – and allow them to discover their full potential.
The Mighty River Run is Novita’s biggest fundraiser so we are fortunate to be able to contribute to multiple areas of the organisation. Money raised from the Mighty River Run is allocated to these ongoing projects for 2017:
- Planning and development for new Novita offices – enabling us to provide support to more kids in more areas
- Providing additional workshops and activities to support our current services – providing kids more chances to learn new skills and make friends
- Providing equipment including mobility, gym and sports equipment, eye tracking communications systems and communication books – enabling kids to reach their goals
- Toys and resources for parents and carers to use – supporting the people who support our kids
- Research and innovation - ensuring we are using the latest and best practice models of child development, early intervention and therapy services to best support our kids and their families